When I logged onto Facebook yesterday, I had a notification that said someone (Katrina Davies Hutchesson) had tagged me in a post, and when I clicked on it, the link took me to the UBC group, and I saw her blog post in which she nominated me, along with four other bloggers, for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon award. Thanks so much, Kat! I am very excited and honored by this! It was a wonderful surprise, and it is always gratifying to know that people are reading what I write even if they are silent readers (don’t be silent).
With this award came a writing prompt! I just love writing prompts because they remind me of high school English class and writing in a journal for the first 15-20 minutes of class. Give me a topic and I can write you a page. Or maybe a book. But not in 15-20 minutes.
After thanking the person who nominated me, I now have to make lists – one of my favorite things to do! The first list has to have my 5 most fabulous moments, the second list has to have 5 things I love, the third list, 5 things I hate, and the last list, I have to nominate 5 deserving bloggers and include their links. I think I am going to be here for a while….
FIVE MOST FABULOUS MOMENTS OF MY LIFE (SO FAR)
- The moment I found out that I was going to get a baby sister. I was 7, and wanted a sister very badly. I already had 2 brothers, and I did NOT want another one. Can you blame me?
- The moment I realized that that I can do anything I set my mind to… Okay, so it wasn’t just one big moment, but lots of little ones.
- Reaching out and taking LeAnn Rimes’ hand (seriously) at a concert in Yuma, AZ in October 2008, and just for that moment, being connected to her. The few seconds I looked into her eyes were so intense…
- Getting my shih tzu as a puppy in May 2008, and then becoming an aunt in February 2009. (2 for the price of one!)
- Actually meeting and greeting LeAnn Rimes when she came to Wenatchee a few months later (January 2009)
Of course, there are more, but the Fabulous Blog Ribbon award just calls for five…
FIVE THINGS I LOVE
- My family and friends, of course. They’re the best people I could have ever hope to surround myself with. They pick me up when I fall and they have loved me through everything. My niece Aliza brings me more joy then she will ever know.
- My shih tzu, Buffy. Because of her, I talk more and am never alone, because she is never far. She knows she is mine, all mine. And she makes me laugh! And I love snuggling with my furbaby.
- Writing – Because of my speech impairment, I often cannot be understood when I talk, but when I write, it’s a totally different story. And also, I like getting lost in imaginary worlds and asking myself, what if this happens and what if that happens.
- Reading – I also love getting lost in other imaginary worlds I did not create. There is no better escape from reality than a book.
- Watching TV/DVDs – Another escape from reality. Also the reason why I dislike reality TV – other than The Glee Project, of course.
FIVE THINGS I HATE
- All cancer, but childhood cancer the most. It picks on the most innocent victims. 46/7 needed to stop decades ago.
- Being told I can’t do something. I just say, “WATCH ME!”
- Spicy food. My tongue will not tolerate it.
- Lies. In the cancer world, sadly, this is becoming more and more of a problem. People will say that they are sick for attention or worse – their child is sick – or whatever, and it is just not cool. Cancer is nothing to joke about. Scamming is a crime, and sooner or later, these people WILL get caught.
- Reality TV – Seriously, people? Ugh. People getting rich off their problems or famous because they do stupid things, oy… Just oy!
- Brian Jones http://briansphirstblog.blogspot.com
- Christine Sinness Calvin http://inspire-to-create.blogspot.com
- Sara Dean http://que-sarasara.blogspot.com
- Rev. Kebba Buckley Button http://upbeatspiritualliving.wordpress.com
- Maya Thompson http;//rockstarronan.com (just had to throw this one in here, though she isn’t a part of UBC)