On Wednesday, I got the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award from Cheri over at Idle Chatter. Thank you, Cheri, for spreading the love my way! This Ultimate Blog Challenge month has been a true delight, because I got not one, not two, but three blog awards (Fabulous Blog Ribbon, Sunshine Award, and now this one). And to think I almost didn’t do this one for a number of reasons (it’s summer, my best friend got married in San Diego, family reunion weekend going on right now, but psssh, I can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING with God’s help).
- thank the giver of the award
- post 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
7 things about me
- The last movie I watched was “Beezus and Ramona.” I know, so babyish! But Sandra Oh was in it, and to my great surprise and delight, so was Ginnifer Goodwin. Love, love, love, love her!
- I am slightly more than a little bit obsessed with The Vampire Diaries (the TV show, not the books). I LOVE Ian Somerhalder. He is sooo fine. Paul Wesley, meh. He is too much like Edward Cullen for his own good. I also LOVE the idea of sunlight rings, waaaay better than the idea of sparkly vamps. Really, Stephenie Meyer?
- In Sue Grafton’s alphabet PI novels, the narrator, Kinsley, eats peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I have made these sandwiches (never thought of the combo before) and LOVE them. The things I do because of reading…
- When I was a child, I thought the words “healthy” and “wealthy” mean the same thing (healthy). Found out the hard way that they don’t (was laughed at).
- I freaking love fairytales and musicals. I want Chris Colfer’s book “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell” sooooooooo bad. Chris Colfer is awesomer (or more awesome) for writing it while doing Glee. He did TWO things at the same time! So what if he wrote the book for kids? I still want it.
- My anthem is “Magic” by Olivia Newton-John (from the movie “Xanadu”). My favorite song ever – it is so versatile: it is originally a muse singing to her charge, but it can also be seen as being sung by a guardian angel or God. “Magic” is my happy song. Come take my hand, you should know me, I’ve always been in your mind you know I’ll be kind, I will be guiding you….
- The best piece of advice I have ever gotten came from 12 year old Jessica Joy Rees, who passed away in January from two inoperable brain tumors – DIPG. Her advice? Never Ever Give Up (NEGU). I didn’t know Jessie personally, but I’ll always carry her memory and her beautiful spirit in my heart.
The 7 women I pass this on to
- Nicole Beltane, The Beltane Daily
- Katrina Davies Hutchesson, Kat’s Place
- Linda J. Vaughan, Musings from my Heart
- Sara Hardiaris, Recovery Corner
- Tammie and Alessa, Carolina HeartStrings
- Suzy Que, Someday, Somewhere
- Lynne Ahrens, Tili Peninsula